After-School Program Teachers
The magnificent Schwartz/Reisman Centre (SRC) recently opened on the Joseph &Wolf Lebovic Jewish Community Campus at 9600 Bathurst Street, Vaughan, is dedicated to serving the community’s cultural, educational, fitness, social, spiritual and recreational needs. From tots to teens, young adults to seniors, there is something for everyone! The SRC’s programs and services are guided by Jewish values and are open to all, regardless of race, ethnic origin or religious affiliation.
The SRC Daycare, Preschool and Afterschool is licensed for 231 children ages 4 weeks-12 years old and provides a unique and state-of-the art curriculum built upon Jewish values and traditions and a Reggio Emilio/Montessori philosophy. Every learning experience is designed to meet one or more of the child’s areas of development: social and emotional, cognitive physical and cultural needs.
We are looking to expand our team with the following part-time positions for the new 2014/5 school year:
AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM TEACHERS
- 3:00p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, starting September 2, 2014
- Follow public school calendar for open/close schedule
- Caters to children from neighboring Nellie McClung Public School, Ventura Park Public School and Bialik Hebrew Day School, ages JK/SK-grade 6
- Facilitate homework club in English, Hebrew, French; sports; recreational swim; arts, music, Shabbat club, snack, fun games and activities
The SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES will have PROVEN SUCCESS and a POSITIVE TRACK RECORD in best practices relating to AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM TEACHING:
- Ensure program and ratio compliance with the Ministry licensing
- Develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum designed to meet the physical, social and emotional needs of the children in our care
- Ensure the health and safety of all children at all times
- Set up and clean up of classroom, equipment, supplies
- Engage children and encourage, motivate them to participate
- Maintain professional relationship and feedback to parents
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Enthusiasm, a love of working with children and a passion for teaching
- At least 2 years experience working with elementary school age children in Ontario
- Bachelor of Education Degree or enrolled – junior/primary
- RECE an asset
- Knowledge and experience with Reggio Emilio and Montessori teaching philosophy an asset
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture and Israel is a must; as well as an ability to integrate these concepts appropriately in the afterschool program content
- Criminal record clearance, Child abuse registry clearance
- Immunization records, Tuberculosis test
- Experience in the non-profit sector/ JCC environment an asset
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: great attitude and ability to build relationships, a positive “can-do’ attitude
- Excellent English language skills: communication, writing, reading
- Hebrew/French an asset
- Solutions-based problem solving and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Punctual, responsible, dependable and a team player!
Please submit your resume by e-mail no later than January 30, 2015 to Jeanette Hyde, Human Resource Manager. Please clearly state the position title in your email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.