Before/After School Instructors
Looking for dynamic BEFORE/AFTER-SCHOOL instructors B.Ed/R.E.C.E./assistants for 2015/16 school year:
The magnificent Schwartz/Reisman Centre recently opened on the Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Jewish Community Campus at 9600 Bathurst Street, Vaughan, is dedicated to serving the community’s cultural, educational, fitness, social, spiritual and recreational needs. From tots to teens, young adults to seniors, there is something for everyone! The SRC’s programs, services and employment opportunities are guided by Jewish values and are open to all, regardless of race, ethnic origin or religious affiliation.
The Schwartz/Reisman Centre AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM is licensed to provide exceptional afterschool care, supervision, learning and fun for children age JK -grade 6. Our unique AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM includes: bussing, healthy snack, homework support, Jewish learning, Israel experience, P.A. days, Leisure Activities and Hebrew or French immersion options. Every learning experience is designed to meet one or more of the child’s areas of development: social and emotional, cognitive physical and cultural needs.
• Starting August 31, 2015 (5 full P.A. days)
• Regular schedule starts September 8, 2015 |
• 7:00 – 10:00am and/or 3:00p.m. – 6:00 p.m Monday to Friday
• Follow public/private school calendar for open/close schedule
• Operates 14-16 PA/PD days a year 7:00am – 6:00pm
• Caters to children from neighboring Anna Frank, Nellie McClung, Carville Mills, Romeo Dallaire P.S and Bialik Hebrew Day School
The SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES will have PROVEN SUCCESS and a POSITIVE TRACK RECORD in best practices relating to EDUCATION:
- Ensure program and ratio compliance with the Ministry licensing
- Develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum designed to meet the physical, social and emotional needs of the children in our care
- Ensure the health and safety of all children at all times
- Set up and clean up of classroom, equipment, supplies
- Engage children and encourage, motivate them to participate
- Maintain professional relationship and feedback to parents
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Enthusiasm, a love of working with children and a passion for teaching
• At least 2 years experience working with elementary school age children in Ontario
• Bachelor of Education Degree or enrolled – junior/primary an asset
• RECE an asset
• Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture and Israel is an asset; as well as an ability to integrate these concepts appropriately in the afterschool program content
• Criminal record clearance, Child abuse registry clearance
• Immunization records, Tuberculosis test
• Experience in the non-profit sector/ JCC environment an asset
• Outstanding interpersonal skills: great attitude and ability to build relationships, a positive “can-do’ attitude
• Excellent English language skills: communication, writing, reading
• Hebrew/French an asset
• Solutions-based problem solving and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Punctual, responsible, dependable and a team player!
• A warm, friendly, helpful, team focused and positive disposition
Please submit your resume by e-mail by August 15, 2015 to email@example.com.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.