The magnificent Schwartz/Reisman Centre located on the Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Jewish Community Campus at 9600 Bathurst Street, Vaughan, is dedicated to serving the community’s cultural, educational, fitness, social, spiritual and recreational needs. From tots to teens, young adults to seniors, there is something for everyone! The Schwartz/Reisman Centre’s programs and services are guided by Jewish values and are open to all, regardless of race, ethnic origin or religious affiliation. The key to our success is providing an exceptional first point of contact for all our members and guests and providing an inspirational and memorable user experience.
“At 211 degrees water is hot, at 212 degree it boils, with boiling water comes steam and steam can power a locomotive, 1 degree can make all the difference”.
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic, caring and motivated candidates to join our Member and Guest Relations Team and make the 1 degree difference. We currently have FULL-TIME and PART-TIME positions available between 5 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. seven days a week to staff our two Reception Desks in the main atrium of our Centre - the Serruya Family Welcome Centre (near North entrance) and the Brian & Avrona Schachter Family Members Reception Desk (near West entrance):
Key Responsibilities Include:
1. Create a welcoming presence and positive first and last impression and experience for all members and guests seeking assistance and/or using the Centre.
2. Implement Member/Guest relations standard operating procedures at all times of the day, on all shifts.
3. Provide courteous, professional, friendly and knowledgeable information to the public regarding all programs and services offered at the Schwartz/Reisman Centre and by Lebovic Campus tenants; in-person and via phone/email/fax.
4. Actively promote and cross-promote all programs, classes and special events; take initiative and stay abreast of program changes and new additions.
5. Provide way-finding assistance to members/guests, including physically walking them over to the correct room when required.
6. Process class and program registrations for all programs offered in the Centre.
7. Hand out towels, tokens, wrist bands.
8. Perform administrative tasks as they relate to room bookings, repairs and maintenance requests, parking validations, access cards, consent forms, membership forms, babysitting bookings, drop-in programs payment, member/guest database, reports, etc.
9. Successfully and professionally troubleshoot member/guest issues; escalate for manager attention where needed.
10. Maintain effective communication and shift change processes within the team.
11. Build member/guest relations through positive, friendly and appropriate interactions.
12. Perform other guest/member relations tasks as requested and/or required.
13. HAVE FUN!
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
• High school completion and a college diploma or equivalent experience in hospitality service industry or sales.
• A “can do” positive attitude and bias to "YES".
• Superior communication and English language skills –oral and written.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: great attitude, warm, friendly and flexible.
• Ability to creatively problem-solve and pro-actively deliver excellent service.
• Ability to prioritize work in a highly social environment, and focus on the Member/Guest.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
• Ability to multi-task effectively, maintaining a high level of accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, Israel and community a must.
• Strong computer proficiency (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Database experience).
• Ability to speak Russian and/or Hebrew an asset.
• Dependable; arrive on time for scheduled shifts and work to end of shift productively and in compliance with Member/Guest Relations standard operating procedures.
• Be the "face" of the J and consistently exhibit the "J Personality".
Please submit your resume by e-mail no later than December 4, 2015 to Jeanette Hyde, Human Resources Director. Please clearly state the position title in your email: email@example.com. Please also state if you are looking for FULL-TIME or PART-TIME and what days/hours you are available to work.