J. Projects Program Coordinator
The magnificent Schwartz/Reisman Centre (SRC) recently opened on the Joseph &Wolf Lebovic Jewish Community Campus at 9600 Bathurst Street, Vaughan, is dedicated to serving the community’s cultural, educational, fitness, social, spiritual and recreational needs. From tots to teens, young adults to seniors, there is something for everyone! The SRC’s programs and services are guided by Jewish values and are open to all, regardless of race, ethnic origin or religious affiliation.
We are currently looking to add the following part-time position (1 year contract) to our dynamic J.Projects Department:
J.PROJECTS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
J.Projects is one of the many exciting initiatives that take place through the SRC. It draws in and brings together Russian-speaking Jewish people through innovative and engaging community events, celebrations, a summer camp, and various leadership and networking programs. Reporting to the Education Emissary to the Russian Speaking Jewish Community of Toronto, the J. Projects Coordinator will aid the J.Projects Department in achieving its three primary objectives on behalf of the Russian-speaking Jewish Canadian community of Toronto:
- Promote cohesion in the Russian-speaking Jewish Canadian community through programs and events.
- Engage in strengthening the Jewish community through integration of the Russian-speaking Jewish Canadian community in UJA Federation and Schwartz/Reisman Centre network of services and structure.
- Develop relationships and work with other institutions that meet the needs of the Russian-speaking Jewish Canadian community.
KEY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Coordinate ‘flagship’ special projects such as “Start Up” Project, “Switch On” Project and others, including recruiting facilitators and program participants
- Facilitate one or more of these programs
- Maintain the J.Projects database and perform administrative duties related to the efficient running of the J.Projects office, including invoices, processing payments, answering telephone calls and emails
- Prepare reports and grant applications
- Liaise with J.Academy and J.Roots staff and Schwartz/Reisman Centre staff
- Build relationships; marketing, promotion and outstanding customer service
- Participate in community events, J.Projects events and Schwartz/Reisman Centre events
KEY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- B.A. degree or higher in Education, Business Administration, Marketing or similar, 3-5 years of work experience
- Demonstrated experience in teaching, facilitating and program implementation
- Demonstrated curriculum development experience and expertise
- Demonstrated administration experience, budgets and cost control and attention to detail
- Speak, read and write English and Russian fluently
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture and Israel is a must; as well as an ability to integrate these concepts appropriately in curriculum, programming, environment and with staff
- Knowledge of Russian-Jewish culture and community a must
- Marketing and sales flair including cold-calls and social media
- Flexible work hours including evenings and some Sundays
- Independent self-starter, expert communicator and PR skills
- Competent in the use of office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Valid Canadian driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal skills: great attitude, warm, friendly, flexible and positive “can-do’ attitude.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and passion for community and learning.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Team work and collaboration; work well with colleagues and staff, fosters partnerships between different departments and organizations; maintain a high level of participant engagement.
- Innovate; take initiative and handle high deadline-driven workload
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume by E-mail no later than February 6,2015 to Dina Dryden, J. Academy Assistant Director. Please clearly state the position title in your email. firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.