J.Roots is a unique Supplementary Jewish School of the Schwartz/ Reisman Centre (SRC), supported by UJA Federation of the Greater Toronto, which serves the educational, cultural and spiritual needs of the Jewish secular demographic by providing a wide range of innovative Jewish supplementary programming for children 3-14 years old. Through its classes JK- grade 8 J.Roots instills the understanding and appreciation of Jewish identity, develops Hebrew language skills, assists students to find their place in the GTA Jewish community and encourages parental participation and involvement.
J.Roots creates an attractive educational programming and curriculum components that utilizes new effective approaches in the JCC model of Jewish Education in the Diaspora. Among our many additional popular programs: Blast from the past /Jewish History, an exceptional Bar and Bat Mitzvah, Choir, Chess, Judaic Arts, Band.
We are looking to expand our J.Roots Team for the 2014/5 year with qualified, engaging, committed and dynamic teachers:
Running from September to May, J.Roots offers unique Judaic & Hebrew for non-Hebrew speakers programming for JK to grade 8 students on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evenings (some groups twice a week) at 2 easy to reach locations in the GTA: Thornhill @ the Schwartz/Reisman Centre, mid-town @ the Prosserman JCC.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
J.Roots teachers will embrace our Vision and provide exceptional education and programs to our students, including:
- Following lesson outlines and guides provided, implement creative, innovative, theme-based and age-appropriate lessons.
- Engage the students and foster a positive learning experience and outcome.
- Track student attendance and communicate with parents regularly and keep them informed and involved in their child’s progress.
- Provide comprehensive reports according to J.Roots leveled success criteria twice a year.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Volunteer for at least 2 J.Roots/community events.
- Be a positive ambassador and role model and inspire students and families.
KEY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- University degree.
- Ontario/Israel teaching certification.
- Minimum two years teaching experience in Israel and Canada
- Fluent English & Hebrew.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, Israel and community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: great attitude, warm, friendly, flexible and positive “can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to develop and deliver interactive and engaging classes.
- Punctual, responsible , team-worker.
- Passion for serving the community and strengthening the connection between the local Canadian community and Jewish Roots.
- Based on qualifications and experience.
Please submit your resume by e-mail to Tova Hovich, Education Director,J.Roots by January 30, 2015. Please clearly state the position title in your email as well as your teaching location preference.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.