Kachol Lavan Administrator
KACHOL LAVAN ADMINISTRATOR
Kachol Lavan is a unique Israeli Centre, powered by the UJA Federation and Schwartz/Reisman Centre. The supplementary school program runs every Sunday in 2 locations across the GTA, the Schwartz/Reisman Centre and Prossermam JCC . Kachol Lavan serves a diverse community from ages 4 and up. The Centre focuses on infusing the students with Israeli culture as well as teaching the Hebrew language, Torah stories, Jewish holidays and Israel studies. Based at the Schwartz/Reisman Centre (SRC), we are looking to fill the following position:
The Kachol Lavan Administrator, will provide support services to Kachol Lavan for its all programs, helping it achieve Kachol Lavan’s three primary objectives:
- Facilitate the positive environment of Hebrew & Israeli studies.
- Develop new curriculum which will give a deep knowledge of the roots and heritage of the Jewish people.
- Develop programs which will allow the students the experience of Israeli culture and heritage and interaction with the Hebrew language both in the centre itself and in informal education i.e. youth movements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ADMINISTRATOR INCLUDE:
- Administration as it relates to Teachers:
- Assist in the recruiting process of Kachol Lavan teachers and teacher assistants; organize the sign-up process for all Kachol Lavan teachers at the start of each year, including employment contracts, TD1 forms etc.
- Ensure all job descriptions and teacher calendars are up to date for Teachers and Teacher Assistants
- Maintain accurate database of teacher information.
- Prepare monthly payroll and forward to the Business office.
- Assist with coordinating substitute teachers as needed.
- Photocopy material for teachers and distribute.
- Maintain a record of teacher and teacher assistant evaluation forms and maintain teacher files.
- Assist to ensure that the Kachol Lavan vision is being met through teachings and programs.
- Assist in organizing professional development days for teachers, venue, materials, facilitators etc.
- Assist in preparing orientation sessions and be on location for orientation and professional development.
- Assist in coordinating presents for the teachers, contacting vendors and arranging deliveries.
- Maintain a direct dialogue with the teachers; troubleshoot as needed.
- Complete a monthly check on students' attendance logs for the SRC location to ensure presence.
- Assist with supervising teachers, teacher assistants, volunteers and students on Sundays at the SRC location.
- In a case of an absent teacher assistant, ensure to support teachers in the classrooms as needed.
- Recruit volunteers, maintain communication with previous volunteers and supervise on location as needed.
- Maintain accurate fire – drill procedures for the SRC location, distribute to teachers.
- Ensure non-Hebrew speaking students and parents feel as much part of the program and the centre as the Hebrew-speaking children and parents.
- Administration as it relates to Students and Parents
- Ensure students are assigned to the correct classes.
- Maintain a direct dialogue with the parents; troubleshoot as needed.
- Recruit new students and ensure retention of existing students.
- Communicate frequently through weekly newsletters, email, social media, flyers and other marketing initiatives and in-person to maintain open connection with Kachol Lavan community.
- Ensure registration forms are up to date. Communicate with management team and accounting office regarding setting up to date prices.
- Coordinate with administrative staff from JRoots regarding pricing, surveys, registration forms and main functions.
- Coordinate and prepare for the subsidy committee; ensure applications are up to date and information is available to parents.
- Attend subsidy committee as needed and relay results back to the parents.
- Ensure confidentiality of all applicants.
- General Administration
- Prepare tuition invoices for all students; collect tuition, and notify parents of amount owing.
- Request for petty cash; prepare bills and payment requisitions
- Prepare and negotiate quotes with service providers; prepare the spreadsheets for tax and donation receipts.
- Update calendar and make sure all programs run in their proper facilities.
- Ensure all donation receipts are mailed on time.
- Attend department meetings and take minutes.
- Support the Kachol LavanEducational Leader and supervisors with budget updates.
- Liaise with J.Roots administrator who will take the lead on ordering all common supplies for both schools.
- Ensure budget is updated per every invoice and payroll.
- Produce summary reports on Excel spread sheets to track progress and growth of Kachol Lavan.
- Liaise with PJCC Supplementary Schools administrator and coordinate all administrative duties between the two locations.
- Coordinate grant writing process and related required reports to funders and management.
- Liaise with outsourced Marketing Department regarding initiatives to market and promote Kachol Lavan through open houses, media, advertising, website and other forums.
- Special Projects
- Organize Jewish and Israeli holiday programs and special events e.g. Pesach Seder, Purim carnival, Bar/Bat mitzvah program and other annual events.
- Attend and help organize community events at SRC.
- Participate in other initiatives as needed.
- Strengthen the connection between Kachol Lavan and the other Israeli Initiatives – Mifgash and Tzofim; ensure participant flow and growth between the initiatives.
- Outreach to the general Israeli community and seek innovative ways to increase engagement in Kachol Lavan and the wider SRC.
- Positive role model for the Kachol Lavan teachers and students.
- Maintain positive working relationship with different external organizations.
- Strong ambassador for the SRC; Live, infuse and inspire the SRC Vision, J Branding and J Pillars:
- Vision: Inspiring you to live the Jewish life you want to live.
- J Pillars: Jewish/Compassion/Heart/Standards/Flexibility
- Model and implement the SRC Customer service standards of excellence.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Participate in promote J Talent Management Program
- Cross promote and participate in SRC programs and events.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Minimum B.A. Degree in Administration/ Business/ Education or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience with education, teachers, curriculum development.
- Demonstrated administration experience.
- Minimum 3 years of community experience.
- Valid Ontario Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance.
- Valid Canadian driver’s license.
- Proficiency in office software including Word, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in basic accounting knowledge – Excel spreadsheets and databases.
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture and Israel is a must; as well as an ability to integrate these concepts appropriately in program, environment and with staff.
KEY COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- Speak, read and write English and Hebrew fluently.
- Strong presentation skills; strong ability to persuade and engage audience.
- Be able to work flexible hours – Sunday work Sept-May a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: great attitude, warm, friendly, flexible and positive “can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and pro-actively deliver excellent customer service and programming.
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task effectively; maintain a high level of participant engagement.
- Superior planning and prioritization skills; strong ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized and high attention to detail and level of accuracy.
- Effective listening skills and ability to give and receive constructive feedback and share ideas
- Positive attitude , enthusiasm and passion for community and learning.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Team work- work well with colleagues and staff, fosters partnerships between different departments and organizations.
- Take initiative and handle high deadline-driven workload.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume by E-mail no later than January 17, 2016 to Jeanette Hyde, Human Resources Director. Please clearly state the position title in your email. : firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.