Kachol Lavan Hebrew Teachers
Kachol Lavan is a unique supplemental Hebrew school program of the Schwartz/Reisman Centre (SRC), supported by UJA Federation of Greater Toronto. This supplemental school program runs every Sunday in 3 locations across the GTA augmented by additional cultural programs and special events. Kachol Lavan serves a diverse community from infants up.
Kachol Lavan brings the community excellence in Jewish education, focusing on imparting a love for the Hebrew language, proficiency in spoken Hebrew and a connection to Israel. Hebrew classes run from SK to grade 8. Among our many additional popular programs: Musitaf, Chess, Choir, Theatre, Hebrew for adults, Unique Israeli studies, Leadership program and an exceptional Bar/Bat Mitzvah program.
We are looking to expand our Kachol Lavan Team for the 2014/5 year with qualified, engaging, committed and dynamic teachers:
Running from September to May, Kachol Lavan offers unique Hebrew immersion programming for JK to grade 8 students on Sunday mornings at 3 easy to reach locations in the GTA: Thornhill @ the Schwartz/Reisman Centre, mid-town @ the Prosserman JCC and down-town @ the Wolfand Centre in Toronto.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Kachol Lavan teachers will embrace our Vision and provide exceptional education and programs to our students, including:
- Liaise with the Educational Leader regarding curriculum and program development and innovations.
- Following lesson outlines and guides provided, implement creative, innovative, theme-based and age-appropriate lessons.
- Engage the students and foster a positive learning experience and outcome.
- Track student attendance and communicate with parents regularly and keep them informed and involved in their child’s progress.
- Provide comprehensive final reports at the end of the school year.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Volunteer for at least 2 Kachol Lavan/community events.
- Be a positive ambassador and role model and inspire students and families.
KEY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- University degree.
- Ontario/Israel teaching certification.
- Hebrew as a first language.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, Israel and community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: great attitude, warm, friendly, flexible and positive “can-do’ attitude.
- Creative and organized: ability to develop and deliver excellent lesson plans, lessons and programs.
- Punctual, responsible and dependable.
- Minimum two years experience working with children and/or adult learning.
- Passion for serving the community and strengthening the connection between the local Canadian community to Hebrew language and Jewish heritage.
- Based on qualifications and experience.
Please submit your resume by e-mail to Inga Yakhnin, Administrative Manager, Kachol Lavan by January 30, 2015. Please clearly state the position title in your email as well as your teaching location preference.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.