Looking for PART- TIME instructors to join our program team for fall 2015
Looking for PART- TIME instructors to join our program team for fall 2015 - ISRAELI DANCE, BALLET, PJ PLUS PARENT/TOT TEACHER, AFTER SCHOOL INSTRUCTOR, SWIM TEACHER FOR INCLUSION SERVICES DEPT.
We are looking for part-time Program Instructors at BOTH our facilities: the Schwartz/Reisman Centre situated on the Lebovic Campus, Bathurst/Lebovic Drive in Vaughan and the Prosserman JCC, situated on the Sherman Campus, Bathurst/Sheppard area in Toronto. Our Centers' provide unique and state-of-the art curriculums and programs built upon Jewish values and traditions and a passion for Israel. Every learning experience is designed to meet one or more of the child’s areas of development: social and emotional, cognitive physical and cultural needs.
Join our Israeli School of Dance and help our children, teens and adults develop a love and flair for Israeli Dance; showcasing their talents at our major community events and the year-end recital.
PJ PLUS PARENT/TOT TEACHER
PJ Plus provides a unique opportunity to infuse Jewish learning at a very young age. This parent and tot program requires a dedicated teacher to facilitate learning of a carefully crafted curriculum and foster a nurturing, warm and fun environment. Position available Thursday mornings and Sunday mornings.
SWIM INSTRUCTOR FOR INCLUSION SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Inclusion Services department offers a range of programs specifically designed for children with autism spectrum disorder. We are looking for a qualified swim instructor to join our team at the Schwartz/Reisman Centre. Position available Saturdays during the whole year. Credentials are a must: Instructor Certification, Standard First-aid and NLS and experience teaching children who have exceptionalities.
We are looking for a dynamic, engaging, passionate and talented ballet instructor to join our dedicated program team and provide an exceptional learning and fun environment for our young members and guests, ages 3 to 12 years.
Weekdays, Evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Year-round.
BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL INSTRUCTORS
Our Before/After School program at the Schwartz/Reisman Centre offers a well-rounded program for over 110 students who attend this program from neighboring schools - homework supervision;; Jewish learning; recreation activities and more. We are looking for instructors to join our growing team Mon-Fri 3:00-6:00 p.m. Sept-June.
THE SUCCESSFUL INSTRUCTORS WILL POSSESS:
- Enthusiasm, a love of working with children and a passion for teaching
- At least 2 years experience working with children in Ontario
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture and Israel is a must; as well as an ability to integrate these concepts appropriately in the program content where appropriate
- B.Ed Degree or Early Childhood Educational Diploma an asset
- Excellent English language skills a must: communication, writing, reading, presentations
- Hebrew/French/Russian language skills an asset
- Criminal record check, Child abuse registry check
- Experience in the non-profit sector/ JCC environment an asset
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: great attitude and ability to build relationships, a positive “can-do’ attitude
- Solutions-based problem solving and ability to multi-task
- Punctual, responsible and dependable
If you are interested in and qualified for any of these terrific opportunities please submit your resume by e-mail no later than September 30th, 2015 to the email contact designated above. Please clearly state the position title in your email.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.