Part Time Dance, Sports, Sewing, Chess, Choir instructors
Looking for PART TIME DANCE, SPORTS, SEWING, CHESS, CHOIR instructors to join our program team fall 2015
We are looking for part-time Program Instructors at BOTH our facilities: the Schwartz/Reisman Centre situated on the Lebovic Campus, Bathurst/Lebovic Drive in Vaughan and the Prosserman JCC, situated on the Sherman Campus, Bathurst/Sheppard area in Toronto. Our Centers' provide unique and state-of-the art curriculums and programs built upon Jewish values and traditions and a passion for Israel. Every learning experience is designed to meet one or more of the child’s areas of development: social and emotional, cognitive physical and cultural needs.
DANCE, SEWING, SPORTS (baseball, volleyball, T-ball, basketball, soccer, ball-skill development)
Our Children, Teens and Family Programs provide a unique opportunity for skill and confidence development in a wide range of recreational activities at both locations. We are looking for dynamic, engaging, passionate and talented instructors to join our dedicated team and provide an exceptional learning and fun environment for our young members and guests, ages 3 months (parent and baby programs) to 12 years.
Weekdays, Evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Year-round.
CHESS, CHOIR INSTRUCTORS
J.Roots is an exceptional Supplementary Jewish School which serves the educational, cultural and spiritual needs of the Jewish secular demographic for children JK- grade 8 J.Roots instills the understanding and appreciation of Jewish identity, develops Hebrew language skills, assists students to find their place in the GTA Jewish community and encourages parental participation and involvement. We are looking CHESS and CHOIR instructors for extra-curricular program options for teachers to instruct in English, with knowledge and fluency in Hebrew.
Sunday mornings 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and/or Wednesday afternoon/evenings 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. September 2015-May 2016.
THE SUCCESSFUL INSTRUCTORS WILL POSSESS:
• Enthusiasm, a love of working with children and a passion for teaching
• At least 2 years experience working with children in Ontario
• Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture and Israel is a must; as well as an ability to integrate these concepts appropriately in the program content where appropriate
• B.Ed Degree or Early Childhood Educational Diploma an asset
• Excellent English language skills: communication, writing, reading
• Hebrew/Russian language skills an asset
• Criminal record check, Child abuse registry check
• Experience in the non-profit sector/ JCC environment an asset
• Outstanding interpersonal skills: great attitude and ability to build relationships, a positive “can-do’ attitude
• Solutions-based problem solving and ability to multi-task
• Punctual, responsible and dependable
If you are interested in and qualified for any of these terrific opportunities please submit your resume by e-mail no later than July 15th, 2015 to the email contact designated above. Please clearly state the position title and location preference in your email.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.