Part Time R.E.C.E.'s and Teacher Assistants
Looking for PART-TIME dynamic, engaging, nurturing teachers and assistants B.Ed/R.E.C.E for 2015/16 school year
We are looking for part-time Teachers, R.E.C.E.'s and Assistants at BOTH our facilities: the Schwartz/Reisman Centre situated on the Lebovic Campus, Bathurst/Lebovic Drive in Vaughan and the Prosserman JCC, situated on the Sherman Campus, Bathurst/Sheppard area in Toronto. Our Centers' provide unique and state-of-the art curriculums and programs built upon Jewish values and traditions and a passion for Israel. Every learning experience is designed to meet one or more of the child’s areas of development: social and emotional, cognitive physical and cultural needs.
J.Roots is an exceptional Supplementary Jewish School which serves the educational, cultural and spiritual needs of the Jewish secular demographic for children JK- grade 8 J.Roots instills the understanding and appreciation of Jewish identity, develops Hebrew language skills, assists students to find their place in the GTA Jewish community and encourages parental participation and involvement. We are looking for teachers to instruct in English, with knowledge and fluency in Hebrew.
Sunday mornings 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and/or Wednesday afternoon/evenings 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. September 2015-May 2016. English/Hebrew fluency. Prosserman JCC and Schwartz/Reisman Centre.
Kachol Lavan is a unique Hebrew supplementary school offering Hebrew classes SK to grade 8. Augmented by additional cultural programs and special events, Kachol Lavan brings the community excellence in Jewish education, focusing on imparting a love for the Hebrew language, proficiency in spoken Hebrew and a connection to Israel. We are looking for teachers to instruct in Hebrew and/or English, with knowledge and fluency in Hebrew.
Sunday mornings 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. September 2015-May 2016. English/Hebrew fluency. Prosserman JCC, Schwartz/Reisman Centre, and our downtown location.
Building on the success of PJ library, PJ Plus is designed as a 1 hour & 15 minute fun, interactive Jewish experiential learning program for children, ages 18 months - 4 years old with a parent. Through a curriculum based on Jewish themes, children and parents will engage in hands on activities with take home activities providing optional continued learning opportunities for the whole family.
Instruction in English. Sunday mornings and weekdays at various locations in the GTA. Experience in family
education an asset.
THE SUCCESSFUL TEACHERS/R.E.C.E.'s/ASSISTANTS WILL POSSESS:
• Enthusiasm, a love of working with children and a passion for teaching
• At least 2 years experience working with children in Ontario
• Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture and Israel is a must; as well as an ability to integrate these concepts appropriately in the daycare/preschool/afterschool program content
• B.Ed Degree or Early Childhood Educational Diploma
• Excellent language skills in English and/or Hebrew: communication, writing, reading
• Criminal record check, Child abuse registry check
• Experience in the non-profit sector/ JCC environment an asset
• Outstanding interpersonal skills: great attitude and ability to build relationships, a positive “can-do’ attitude
• Solutions-based problem solving and ability to multi-task
• Punctual, responsible and dependable
• Assistants will possess the same as the above without the B.Ed/R.E.C.E. certification
If you are interested in and qualified for any of these terrific opportunities please submit your resume by e-mail no later than June 30, 2015 to the email contact designated above. Please clearly state the position title and location preference in your email.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.