PJ Plus Teachers - Sunday Mornings
PJ PLUS TEACHERS – SUNDAY MORNINGS
JCCS OF GREATER TORONTO
PJ Plus is an exciting NEW curriculum-based Jewish educational experiential initiative designed for parent and child. Building on the success of PJ library, PJ Plus is designed as a 1 hour and 15 minute program for children, ages 18 months - 3 years old WITH a parent, to engage in active Jewish learning together. Through a curriculum based on Jewish themes, children and parents will engage in hands on activities, including storytelling based on PJ Library books, arts and crafts, music, movement, puppets, and more. Take home activities will provide optional continued learning opportunities for the family.
The inaugural programs will run simultaneously at both the Schwartz/Reisman Centre and Prosserman JCC for 10 weeks every Sunday, beginning March 23rd-June 1st, 2014 excluding May 26th (Walk for Israel). Times: 9:30-10:45 for ages 18 months - 30 months and 11:00-12:15 for ages 2.5- 3.
We are looking to expand our PJ PLUS Team with two part-time Sunday morning positions:
Reporting to the PJ Plus Coordinator, the PJ Plus teachers will be the front-line implementers of the carefully developed PJ Plus curriculum, providing exceptional educational experiences and outstanding customer service to parents and their children enrolled in the PJ Plus programs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Prepares PJ Plus lessons according to PJ Plus lesson plans and curriculum.
- Delivers engaging, interactive lessons that stimulate the learning process for both parent and child.
- Utilizes a variety of teaching methods and multi-media to create variety and interest.
- Set up class-room and activity centers according to lesson plans ahead of start time; clean up afterwards.
- Adapts lessons as required based on needs of the participants and flow of the day.
- Assists the child in developing emotionally, socially, intellectually and physically.
- Promotes a positive Jewish attitude, a love of Judaism and provides experiences of the lifecycle and holiday events shared by each family.
- Interacts with parents providing a welcoming and nurturing environment.
- Follows up on feedback from parents, listening to and understanding their learning and social needs.
- Attends regular planning and evaluation meetings with PJ Plus Coordinator.
- Advises the PJ Plus Coordinator if unable to conduct class in ample time to find a replacement.
- Being an ambassador for the PJ Plus program and the JCCs of Greater Toronto; cross-promoting other programs/events as needed.
KEY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Education or Certification as an Ontario accredited teacher, primary/junior division preferred.
- Minimum of two-years of ECE classroom experience or equivalent, ages 18 months – 3 years.
- Comfort and demonstrated experience running programs with parent presence and involvement.
- Valid Ontario Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: great attitude, warm, friendly, flexible and positive “can-do’ attitude.
- Superior English language and presentation skills; strong ability to persuade and engage audience.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and pro-actively deliver excellent customer service and programming.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task effectively; maintain a high level of participant engagement.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, Israel and community a must.
- Ability to sing songs in English and Hebrew.
- Ability to speak Russian, Hebrew, Spanish or other language not required but an asset.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Sundays 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. March 23- June 1, 2014.
- This position will be paid hourly.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume by e-mail no later than January 30, 2015 to Adina Lipson, PJ Plus Coordinator. Please clearly state the position title in your email and Sunday location preference.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.